Monday, January 3, 2011

New year.... not so new stuff

We spent New Year's Eve on my parent's couch watching a movie. The purest example of Excitement we may not be... but I can honestly say I do NOT miss the subsequent New Year's Day hangover one bit. We had a nice brunch at Another Broken Egg. I have a new mission.... to recreate the fabulous chicken and andouille sausage cream soup they served. More on that later.

On another note. I do not make resolutions, I look at it as just one more way to not meet a goal that I set for myself. The probelm with these resolutions? They are invariably ridiculously hard to obtain and eventually they leave you feeling down-trodden and left behind in the dust of another raucous New Year's optimistic high. How long that takes is a case-by-case basis, but I find by March my desire to adhere to my resolutions is by the wayside.

So NO I will not adhere to the demands of the New Year's Baby, or fall to the populous and put forth yet another resolution to be more healthy, to lose weight, to stop using my phone so much, or to love myself and my family more (I love them plenty and even more each day). I will not bow to the pressure!
I am starting my own tradition of being waveringly certain that I am OK! the way I am. No drastic changes needed here.

No comments: