Friday, July 30, 2010

Pawn Stars and Paintings

I was watching Pawn Stars on my DVR the other day and this lady brought in a collection of prints (lithographs) by Salvador Dali, the collection was inspired by Lewis Carroll’s Through the Looking Glass (Alice in Wonderland). I don’t know why but I really liked the prints, generally I find most of Dali’s work to be disconcerning. I was motivated to do some more research on them. This collection is selling from anywhere around $2,500-$12,000. I think that getting this collection is a little outside the realm of reality for me. But one can wish.

The first print here is the cover page for the book. The next print is titled Down the Rabbit Hole.

This is called the Pool of Tears. This print and the caterpillar one is a toss up between which is my favorite of the collection. The second print here is A Caucus Race and a Long Tale.
Then we have The Rabbit Sends a Little Bill and Advice from a Caterpillar. I love the colors that Dali used in the both of these.

These two are Pig and Pepper, and A Mad Tea Party

The Queen's Croquet Ground and The Mock Turtle's Story

The Lobster Quadrille, Who Stole the Tats, and Alice's Evidence.


After looking at these I feel like maybe I need to read Lewis Carroll's version of Alice in Wonderland, because all I can think of is the Disney version, which I'm sure is much more cookie cutter and less dark.

No comments: