Thursday, April 14, 2011

A worthwhile cause....

I posted yesterday about a guy I heard about through NPR's the story. And while I can do nothing to help him but pray I have decided to focus my efforts a little closer to home. I have found a local homeless shelter for children called City House. I am going to become a supporting member of City House and I urge you to do the same. If not at City House then some other homeless charity.
Homeless prevention is something we can all support. In a country a great as ours it is sad to think that there are over 600,000 homeless people in the United States.  Homeless people are not all junkies, drug addicts, or mentally challenged.  A lot of times they are people who are just down on their luck and need a helping hand. The National Alliance to End Homelessness is a national organization (duh) that is dedicated to ending homelessness. Their website has a lot of information and ways that we can help. Check it out.

No comments: