Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I learned two things today

So on Wednesday night's from 6:30-10:00 I have class. I learned 2 things in class today, none of which had anything to do with the actual lesson. 1. I have pretty feet and 2. I am an absolute bad ass when it comes to making salsa.
I can make both of these claims because 1. someone else told me I have pretty feet, no I do not sit around telling myself I have pretty feet. That would just be weird. And 2. Jorge (from Monterrey), a man who is quite used to authentic mexican food verified that I am indeed a bad ass salsa maker. SO there you have it. I have pretty feet AND I am a bad ass salsa maker. What can I say, I grew feet and taste buds like what they like. That my friends is what I call a successful day of accomplishments. And for those of you who might like to know what a recipe for bad ass salsa is.... see below.....


Bad Ass Salsa

5 roma tomatoes (roughly)
1/2 white onion, diced ( I guessed at the amount)
1 jalapeno, seeded - or not. Up to you.
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 mango, diced
handful cilantro, chopped
s&p to taste
lemon juice to taste

I let it sit in the fridge overnight.

Alas I do not have a picture of this bad ass salsa as my classmates proceeded to inhale 2 bags of chips and the whole container of salsa. This is how bad ass the salsa is. Be warned.

1 comment:

NikkiD said...

oh, dice the tomatoes btw.

P.S. feed my fish