Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice

I found this recipe a long time ago, and have adapted to suite my taste buds. This is such a versatile recipe; I've found that you can use pork, beef, shrimp, or whatever your fancy!! I add pineapple when I have pork, and occasionally I add peanuts for a nice crunch!

Chicken Fried Rice
1 to 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
3 scrambled eggs
2 carrots, grated
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup butter1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
4-5 cups white rice, cooked
8 oz. fresh or canned mushrooms
2-3 green onions (optional)
Soy sauce (optional)

Marinate chicken in soy sauce, if you do not have much time, mix it with chicken before cooking. In a large frying pan cook chicken in small amount of olive oil, add carrots and onions and sauté until clear Add frozen peas and cook until soft. Then add the rice to the mixture. In another pan, scramble three eggs, chop finely and add to mixture. Add butter and garlic to the rice mixture, stir until butter is all melted. Garnish with green onions, soy sauce, and serve.

No comments: